Sunday, February 12, 2006

Track Workout #1- February 9, 2006

Our track workout started with a 10 minute run around the track. I think I went around it 4 times; actually it was a little more than 10 minutes so this makes sense. As each lap is approximately .25 miles. So there is mile 1 for the evening. I'm not sure if my legs are tired from Tuesday's run or the bottom of my feet are just tired, it's difficult to tell. Maybe I'm just bored there aren't as many people to talk to, we're all concentrating on running, our pace and finding someone to talk and run with is more difficult, so I'm bored as I run. The only redeeming fact is Chris and the other mentors cheering us on as we run around the track.

After our warm up we do a group stretch and divide the team into two groups. The other half moves to the other side of the track and we pair off. We're doing team relays, though we're not racing. Each of us will go around the track 8 times, at a pace faster than our regular running pace. My partner gets to go first and then it begins. One time around, then a second, then a third, and then I stop counting. Chris is on our half of the track cheering us on, telling us how good we're doing at first, this is great, after awhile I want to see him run around the track and keep that smile then my mind wanders off to the 10 other things I'd rather be doing than running around the track. To put myself back on track and keep myself from complete boredom I try to concentrate on my pace tapping one out with my right wrist, but that just starts to bug me and I must look really funny doing it, plus I can't seem to stay with it. My feet are exhausted I'm probably not keeping a good pace, or a consistent one at that, but I'm making it around faster than some slower than others, but I'm making it. At lap I'm not sure what, John tells us that we're only running 6 each, which I swear is the next run, but am told I'm wrong. He then says we can do a 7th as a group run, but no pressure. Sure, of course not when everyone else is running, so I go again.

After the last track run, my favorite part of the night starts; forget running I like the conditioning, that's what I thought track night was about. We walk on our tippy toes, and on our heals, first time through with toes pointed forward, then toes outward, and finally toes pointed inward. After this, it's skipping low then skipping high. To round off the night, lunges 10 total-the easiest part of the night, please can I trade lunges for a lap I could have done another 10-20 easy maybe more. I guess I didn't realize how much I had done that night because after eating I crashed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home