Monday, February 13, 2006

Group Run – How I Hurt Myself- February 11, 2006

The day after our track run I felt great, no pain it was all easy and I was looking forward to an easier 6 mile run-walk. I even felt confident enough to go for 7. We were running at Lake Alamaden Park in San Jose and the scenery was great, minus the goose droppings all over the place. I started off with Helen again for a 6-1 run –walk, but my outer foot started hurting around the .25/.5 mile mark. I was hoping to run it out, but at the 2 mile mark I told Helen I was going to have to turn around. My foot was throbbing and I sat at the side of the trail and rubbed my foot. Chris was there and I told him what was wrong, he said that he had had a similar problem when he started running and that John would probably recommend running a golf-ball along the bottom of my foot. Ok, so I sat for awhile and see my girlfriends pass me up.

I’m so frustrated, I was ready for my run and something this stupid is holding me back, I might as well have stayed in bed. Granted I didn’t sleep that well the night before, thought I had a sinus infection. I could have, and actually should have, asked for a ride to the start, but I really hoped that walking it out would make it feel better. Wrong! It got worse there was one point I thought I might cry from the pain, Tim and John come up and I talk with them about the pain in my foot. John says that it’s probably the tendon in my foot so I need to soak and massage it, ohhh a bath, now that I can handle. Also, I can do the golf ball thing.

My foot actually managed to hurt worse the longer I went and got to the point I couldn’t put any pressure on it. The soak and massage was a very temporary relief, try about six steps. So I went and took a nap…and that’s where I discover after half sleeping for about 4 hours that my muscles are achy and I take my temperature, 101.7, oh yes, I have the flu…(Monday Update -wait no I went to the doctors and it’s sinusitis and bronchitis. Good news is that I can run/exercise and the doctor recommends it now if I can get my foot to feel better…)

To donate or check fundraising status:
http://www.active.com/donate/tntsvmb/JenDorsa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home