Friday, February 17, 2006

Track Workout #2 - Gimpy All the Way - February 16, 2006

What’s my foot status? That’s a complex answer. I waited until Tuesday to try for a run, and went for a simple 1 mile run; unfortunately at .5 miles my foot cramped out and I had to walk back to my office. If I can run the marathon on my toes or heals, I’m ok. So I went to physical therapy on Wednesday for ultrasound and heat therapy. No more cute shoes for now, only my sneakers—that’s ok, I want to run and the itch is so bad I can’t stand it, get me out there, I’ll do whatever it takes. So I missed Tuesday’s buddy run and got to sit on my rear instead at home, now it’s Thursday and I’m excited about track practice, but no running, I can walk around the track.

John wrapped my ankle and told me to walk or jog lightly if I thought I could handle it. The track workout looked intense and it was fun to watch as I walked around the track. My teammates were doing interval runs at 1-2-3-4 minute paces varying between jogs and fast-runs. I would have loved to try this, the ultimate endurance test. After walking the track at a brisk pace, I decided to try the light jog and my foot seemed ok, but started to stress a little so it was back to walking. Then during our last part of our cool down exercises (walking on toes/heels), I tried the low skipping and towards the end of that, my foot had a fit, which stopped that right way. Lunges, easy as pie so I did twice as many as needed, funny thing is many of the people behind me kept going, guess they weren’t counting.

After all is said and done, what I want most right now is to be able to run the timed 5k on Saturday, which will determine which Wave I run with, grouping me with people that run at a similar pace. We’ll see how PT goes tomorrow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home