Sunday, February 26, 2006

Overdoing it... Again...But I feel Great! 2-23-06

Track practice was tonight with my ankel taped to the point that it barely moves-wow I feel like an athlete. We ran .25, .50, and then a full mile and then worked our way back down. Sophal and I started out strong with our first run and kept increasing our pace even with the running and walking. I'm still supposed to stick to 30%, but Sophal pushed me and I ran 50%. We increased each run and I felt so good that we ran our last 1/4 mile in 2:15, 15 seconds faster than our first run. Running feels great, the walks not so hot as my calf and foot cramp more. I blame it mostly on Sophal and partly on my own stubbornbess and competitive nature. No, I love that she pushes me to do better, but at the same time I've had a lot of people tell me not to push myself too hard to avoid the risk of hurting myself to the point of not being able to run the marathon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home