Sunday, April 30, 2006

Mental vs. Physical Limitations at the 18-Mile Run

They say it's mind over matter, that the only limits to our distance running are our mental limitations. I disagree, I was ready for 18 and was looking forward to another great run like the 16-mile, but muscle cramps and hurting knees made this run almost as uncomfortable as Santa Cruz. Around 10-miles my hamstrings and quads started cramping, the fun thing about running is once it starts it does not go away, it stays with you and walking only makes it worse. So Emily and I ran the last 5-6 miles, with 10-20 second walks here and there (water stops basically).

Oh well, the dip in the ocean and the fabulous breakfast in downtown Monterey made it worth it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

4:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home