Thursday, March 02, 2006

50-75% Running - Trying to Become Running Fit

Tonight we did five 2-lap runs with nice little breaks in between each 2-lap run. I averaged 5 1/2 minutes for the two laps, and the last one at just over 5 minutes, the last lap I walked 30% so a 70% run at a nice pace. It feels great to be feeling better, my feet are still constantly tired, but part of that might be physical therapy as we're aiming to increase the strength of the muscles in my feet. Tonight new exercises were introduced-the plank, side-planks, pushups, and sit-ups- in addition to our regular exercises post running. The highlight of my night, is that after icing my feet, with a short break in between, I sat in a spa for half hour and towards the end massaged my feet, it was amazing. Oh yes, and after icing my feet I discovered the wrapping had caused blisters above my ankle, another training pain (this one is much easier to take).

Skipping the Tuesday Run: AnnMarie and I went to Nola's to enjoy Mardi Gras with the agreement that we would run after a nice light dinner. Well, it didn't quite happen, my feet have been exhausted and a good night sleeping sounded like a better idea. One of the few times, I actually listened to my body and I think it paid off. Also, trying to stave off a potential blister above my heel, so this was another excuse.

Quick not about Saturday's run: Sophal and I took it easier, as we ran 25-30% of our 4-5 miles. We did the first 3.5 miles at the track and then walked over to a nearby park to walk the trail. The highlight of track practice was the advice we received from a male runner in white spandex that the easiest way to get up in the morning to run is to put on a jock-strap as soon as you wake up; he received this advice from a female friend and has been following it ever since. Ok, no thanks, I think I'll pass-falling out of bed works too as does having a running partner waiting for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home